Monday, March 29, 2010

I miss Chilli Ban Mee!

Have been here in OZ for 5 weeks now. Haha everything's fine so far. Getting used to this kind of lifestyle. Maybe I'm quite good with adapting to new environments. I didn't feel particularly homesick on any days, but just miss Malaysia in general. Haha the lifestyle, the food, the people, the atmosphere.Ohh. ><

A few things that is different from Malaysia I find interesting:

  1. The dogs here are very, veRY, VERY big, as in size I mean. They look scary when their owners let them wander around unleashed. Their body is almost twice the size our normal "fat" dog. Kinda reminds me of pigs. Haha.
  2. Buses here are very, veRY VERY punctual. If it says 12.37pm, it really arrives at 12.37pm. Not 1 minute early, not 1 minute late. Plus, their buses come very frequently. Not like in Malaysia, having to wait up to an hour. ):
  3. They sell boxes of tissue, separately. WHY?!
  4. The weather changes very irregularly. C'mon. How can it be cooling and windy one day, but turns 34c the next? At least if it was in Malaysia, hot seasons, rainy seasons come and go. SEASONS.
  5. When it says "OFFER PRICE", believe it, grab a lot of it, pay for it. Cuz for all you know, the next day you go back there, the price can vary from 0.99 to 2.99 overnight. If they say "offer" in Msia, sure cheat you one.
  6. Even if applying for a very simple job like a waitress or a sales assistant, they will need you to complete a form online, and attach your resume, and wait to be noticed if you get an interview. Walao. So serious meh.
Had a week full of tests and quizzes last week. Everything was bad. How can that happen I really don't know. FINS1613 sucked because the lecturer came out with too many questions, most people didn't had enough time to finish it at all. FIN1612 was screwed as well, because the lecturer gave multiple choice questions that take a lifetime to read just the questions alone. ECON1202 was a little better but I forgot that the question was looking for 1.5x. Instead, I solved wat x was and left it. Shit lar. Turned out the most I worried about all these weeks - macro2, I scored the best. 4/5. So funny lar wei. ):

Having another Macro 2 test on Wednesday, cuz having Good Friday off. Easter Break is here but I guess I'll be kinda lonely. My beloved roommate - Kia Yee going back to msia for 2 weeks; my drinking kaki going to Melbourne. Aihyo. ): My mum asking me to visit my aunt at Chatswood, but I don't wanna go there. It's just gonna be very awkward. 

Ohh I wanna go Sydney Fish Market! Had really nice memories there when I was young! ((: FISH N' CHIPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment